NEW TOURIST AND RESIDENT VISA RULES IN UAE
The United Arab Emirates, the land of Dreams and opportunities always care about the needs of its visitors and residents.
Recently a cabinet, chaired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE announced a number of facilitation for visitors, residents, families, and people overstaying their visas.
In a cabinet meeting today we approved reforms including replacing the bank guarantee system for private sector employees, with a low-cost insurance scheme. This will release AED 14 billion back to the private sector companies and will further lower the cost of doing business . pic.twitter.com/4BYNzldJ0S
— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) June 13, 2018
Extension of Residency Period:
The cabinet reviewed the current residency system and approved a new legislation emphasizing a lot of relaxation to the students who are dependents of their parents. Now they can have 2 years extension in their resident visa after the completion of University studies.
Transit Visa rules:
A new decision favoring the visitors from all around the world has been made.
- Transit passengers are exempted from all entry fees for the first 48 hours and can be obtained by a number of express counters at the passport-control hall across all UAE airports.
- Transit visas can be extended for up to 96 hours for a fee of AED 50.
New rules for Overstayed Job Seekers:
This decision made in the cabinet is benefiting the job seekers the most.
- The overstayed job seekers will be given a new 6 month UAE visa if they want to work in the country
- All the fines will be exempted if they voluntarily ready for departure
- Departure from the UAE will be allowed without a “NO ENTRY” stamp on the passport only on the condition of paying for the flight airfare.
Note: These new rules for people overstaying their visa is valid for 3 months from 1st of August to 31st of October 2018.
Rules for illegal individuals:
- The individuals who entered the UAE illegally, if ready to leave the country voluntarily, then they will be allowed to depart with a “NO ENTRY” stamp on their passports only for 2 years.
- However, they can leave the country and re-enter if they pay for their valid return ticket.
Visa For widows, divorcees and their children
- 1 year visa will be given to widows, divorcees, and their children without any sponsor.
- The one year visa will be issued from the date of the divorce or the death of the spouse